Fish oil on fat burning



The effect of fish oil on fat burning

I have written many emails over the years on the effect of fish oil on fat burning. 

Lately there has been corroborating scientific evidence that fish oil can reduce belly fat and aid in fat burning as part of a solid diet and exercise program. 

But still I get questions like the one below. 

"Doc, I have read some of the stuff in your articles archive. 

I don't understand how fat can burn fat. It just does not make sense." William Hennessey Kansas City. 

Yikes! 

This could be one of those god-awful scientific emails. 

Ok I promise to keep it clean after all you've got enough on your plate. 

Here's the deal. 

All foods have effects on the hormone systems of the body. 

Some foods like fish oils actually behave like hormones in that they affect all kinds of other things from your genetic material to your proteins and other hormones. 

Fish Oils especialy influence the way the cell behaves at an individual level. 

On that level, fish oil helps to gets cells to take in more fat and become more able to use that fat as fuel. 

Most of the fish oil you take has far more effect on these cellular and hormone systems than it ever has on your calorie intake. 

Hence when someone asks me the inevitable, "Won't I get fat on fish Oil since it's a fat?" question, I can always say, "Nope" with confidence. 

But there is another simple way to tell that fish oil is working for you. If and when you go to get your cholesterol checked you will usually see a couple of things on Fish Oil if it's high quality. 

First, your good cholesterol will go up. Very good. 

Next your triglycerides will go down. 

What are triglycerides? 

Raw fat in transit. 

This is the way your body moves fat through your bloodstream. Whether you export it (burn it up as fuel in your cells) or import it into your arteries to clog them depends a heck of a lot on how much fish oil you have in your system at the time. 

So remember, when you eat a lousy meal, pop some extra fish oil! 

Here is what happens to those ugly, nasty, artery clogging fats if you do: 

"Doc, 

Just wanted to let you know the results of my most recent blood tests. I am 61 years old and have been on Lipitor for the past 9 months. I have been taking your fish oil capsules for two months. My doctor's office called yesterday to inform me of the results of my blood work done last week. They just said it was great. I asked to please let me know the differences from the last tests 6 months ago. My total cholesterol dropped from 158 to 149. The improvement was due to lower LDL, but the exciting numbers were the drop in triglycerides. My triglycerides have always been high. The test 6 months ago had me at 218, this latest one was 109. Cut in half!! 

The doctor's office asked what I was doing differently. I said 3 things. Two bad one good. I had not exercised in 8 months and had gained 8 pounds, but I started taking your pharmaceutical grade fish oil. They were impressed as I was. Now everyone in my office wants to get on the bandwagon. We are buying a case today!!!"

Best regards, 

Rick McNeil 
Plano, TX 

Good job Rick and thanks for taking the time to share with us. 

Remember you can burn fat with the right kind of supplements. 

Fish oil rules! 

All the best form the King of Pharmaceutical Grade fish Oil,